I haven’t been ignoring this blog, in spite of all evidence to the contrary. At least once a week, I pull up a blank post and… stare at the screen for thirty minutes to an hour before throwing my hands in exasperation. The same thing happens when I sit down to my other blogs, my personal journal, the fiction piece I started last January, and anything that requires stringing together coherent sentences. Writer’s block has taken up residence in my brain and has refused to budge for weeks. I’m just going to plow through and try to put some words down, even if it’s just getting down a couple bullet point updates and making a few tentative plans.
- Monthly Ritual Calendar: It’s a project that I still want to pursue, even though I haven’t been keeping up with it. One slight problem – I’ve lost my brain-storming notes and have completely forgotten what I’d planned to do for most months. By the end of September, I’ll have to either find those notes or start again. In any case, there will be a write-up before month’s end. If I can find my notes, I may be able to catch up with the months I’ve missed.
- Gods and Such: There has been a general lack of deity interaction lately. My practice doesn’t rely on regular contact, so lack of it is not particularly concerning. I suspect that this will change with the arrival of fall.
- Sam: There have been a couple of behind-the-scenes inquiries about Sam and how he’s progressing. By all accounts, he’s recovering well and back at home, but still has a way to go. Prayers and gentle energy would be appreciated according to his daughter.
- Temple of MSB: No updates from the trail… sidelined with an injury that makes walking or running on uneven terrain just dangerous. Hoping to be able to get back to it this fall.
- Thinky Thoughts about future projects: I have vague notion that I need/want to do some shadow work over the coming winter. I’m not sure exactly what form that will take yet or what the focus needs to be. The notion is still very vague and unformed. Something will come to me I’m sure. If not, I’ll scratch this off the to-do list.
That’s all for now, as the writer’s block is still strong enough that typing more than ten words leaves my brain struggling.