- Actions have consequences.
- All actions have consequences.
- All actions have both obvious and unseen consequences.
- What you do and say will affect other people in ways that you may or may not be aware of and in ways that may be positive or negative. Whatever your intent, you will have an effect on others. That effect may ripple out from one person to another.
- Think before you speak or act. While you can’t always avoid negative consequences, you might save yourself or someone else unnecessary embarrassment or pain.
Have I repeated that idea enough to make an impression yet? It seems that so many people have difficulty grasping this concept, yet they want to complain when something they’ve said or done comes back unexpectedly to haunt them.
Yet, if you stand back and observe people for long enough, this ripple effect is so easy to see. Watch for it long enough and you can start predicting what paths the ripples might take. Take the time to think about what you send out to the world and you might find that the world is a little less hostile place.