I realize that it’s no longer March, but better late than never, right?
March Ritual – Seeds of Change
- Any time during the month. Note that this one requires a commitment to care for a plant over time.
- Manifest growth
- Create positive change
- Honor the elements
- Gather supplies as needed. At minimum, seeds and water needed, along with a suitable location to plant the seeds.
- Before beginning, determine what change is most needed and/or desired in your life over the long term. This working takes time to manifest, so slow changes are usually best for this working.
- Plant seeds in an appropriate place while visualizing the change that you want to manifest. Imagine the elements providing the seeds with the energy that they need to grow. Envision this change any time you water or feed the plant.
- Delineate ritual space as preferred. Keep in mind that the space will need to contain the spot where the seeds are to be planted, so if sowing them directly into the ground, plan your ritual space accordingly. Within the ritual space, place any garden tools you might need, the seeds, and a container of clear water.
- Enter the ritual space and call upon any deities or other helpers that are appropriate to your path and/or the changes you wish to make.
- Dig a hole in the ground (or pot) in preparation for planting.
- Hold the seeds in your hand and say “With air, I breathe life into you.” Blow gently on the seeds (take care that you don’t drop them).
- Hold the seeds up toward the sun and say “With fire, I guide you upward.” Place the seeds in the earth and cover them, saying “With earth, I root you.” Pour water over the ground while saying “With water, I nourish you.”
- When all has been done, state over the newly planted seeds “With spirit, I change you.”
- Spend some time imaging the plant as it grows and changes and as it does, envision the changes that you wish to make manifesting themselves.
- Offer thanks as appropriate. As per your particular practice, break the ritual space and exit the area.
- You’ll need to weed, feed, and water the plant regularly to provide energy to this working. As you do this, you can speak the words “By earth and water, by air and fire, by spirit sealed, manifest the change I desire.”
Modifications and Notes
- Using salt to mark out the ritual space boundaries is not recommended, as this can kill vegetation.
- Plants should be chosen carefully and can be done by using magical correspondences.
- If beginning a plant from seed isn’t feasible, this working can be done using a small plant and transplanting it into the ground or a new pot.